Reading set to swoop for Spurs defender

As last season was coming to a close, newly promoted Reading were linked with a surprise move for Tottenham’s Ledley King. However, with the club captain set to retire, it’s claimed today that the Royals have altered their sites and are considering a bid for Sebastien Bassong instead.

Seb seems to have been around for some time but he is still only 25 and therefore has to have real value for a side such as Reading, given his Premiership experience and relatively young age.

Clearly he’s been frozen out at Spurs and unless a new manager comes in with an entirely new opinion, a fee of £4m for the centre back may seem cheap, but perhaps it’s pretty good business.

Be Sociable, Share!
  • vuible Reading set to swoop for Spurs defender
  • more Reading set to swoop for Spurs defender

20 Responses

1. spurs guvnor says:

4p would be a good price! Good riddance.

2. Brentos says:

Really interesting, but any news on our new manager?!

3. Chim Chim Cher Woo says:

Another one walks it really is the walking dead down the lane, can’t wait to see who survives to the next series or will all the cast get killed off. MIND THE GAP COYI!

• Rob says:

Chim Chim Cher Woo – your our feeder club so don’t get ahead of yourself. Remember you will never be as big a club as Spurs

4. Chim Chim Cher Woo says:

Thanks for existing spuds everyone should have a GIMP in their life and your ours. Cheers keep up the entertainment COYI!

5. Spurred on! says:

Glory geezer,I bet your card down the boozer aint ya?? No idea what I have just said but am sure that’s some pikey caravan talk,down Barking way,that you’d understand??

I bet your mates love you,you’re like some rubbernecker watching some fella who’s crashed his Mercedes,thinking there is some justice in the world,but the thing is pal the car is cushioned and leaves a charmed existence,so the guy walks away unharmed.Much like the yids that you love so much,you keep on taking the piss whilst we laugh at ya.

6. Bcee says:

Thought there was speculation of a swap deal involving Jovetic…may be worth pursuing if possible.

7. tim says:

ledley king has been a great player for us and loyal, which is very rare these days, and he does not deserve any bad comments, from spurs supporters.

8. texxy says:

king has been a great player.he would’nt go anywhere now.

9. tottenham_til_die says:

SPURRED ON GOT IT SPOT ON. how can a wet spam fan even mention their miniscule little club in the same sentence as us chim chang woo you are simply our FEEDER CLUB/YOUTH TEAM/nah not even your just dispicable SHITE, i pwomise we are honestly grateful for JERMAIN DEFOE, HES A YIDDOOO!!! & scotty parker. That is all

• Chim Chim Cher Woo says:

Spurred on! you can tell is a geezer, your a prime example of a GIMP! See what I mean Spurred On!

10. tottenham_til_die says:

ledley will not play for another club, period. he’s been offered a year rolling pay-as-you play or defensive coaching role and also club ambassador. If he wants to play on, he will remain club captain.

11. tottenham_til_die says:

“I’ve been discussing things with the Club and my contract expires this summer. The Club has been fantastic in supporting me and given me several options to stay involved with Tottenham. I shall take a view with them pre-season on my future.

“Tottenham has been the only Club for me and if I can’t play here then I shall look to be involved in another capacity.” tottenhamhotspur.com

12. Blake says:

Good piece of business. Players like Seb are part of the problem, which was created by Harry by freezing so many players out. Sell please Mr. Levy Now!!

13. Dee says:

A westHam fan talking football with the big goys!!!hahahaha…..The quicker you are back in your old league the better.

14. tim says:

ledley king is like us spurs supporters, he is tottenham for life.
    a true spurs legend.

15. Gavlar says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if our next boss will be Ledley King. given how tight Levy is, and how long it’s taking him to sort anything out.
    Bassong would be good back up for us, worth keeping him for that.

16. allardyce says:

Its not a swoop when we are ready to give him away.