The least surprising announcement of the summer

In reality it wasn’t a long wait to name Harry’s successor although the fact that we all seemed to know it would be AVB suggests that it’s maybe been dragged it out a little longer than it has. Any speculation that was left has now been ended by a simple statement on the club’s website.

“The Club is delighted to announce that Andre Villas-Boas has joined as our new Head Coach on a 3 year contract.”

Chairman Daniel Levy added his comments,

“I am delighted that Andre has agreed to become our new Head Coach.  He has an outstanding reputation for his technical knowledge of the game and for creating well-organised teams capable of playing football in an attractive and attacking style.  Andre shares our long-term ambitions and ethos of developing players and nurturing young talent, and he will be able to do so now at a new world class Training Centre.”

As for the man himself, AVB had this to say,

“Tottenham Hotspur is a great club with a strong tradition and fantastic support, both at home and throughout the world.  I feel privileged to be its coach.  For me, this is one of the most exciting coaching positions in the Premier League.  I have had several discussions with the Chairman and the Board and I share their vision for the future progress of the Club.  This is a squad any coach would love to work with and together I believe we can bring success in the seasons ahead.”

Let’s hope that there are exciting times ahead now that this has been confirmed.

Are you happy – http://bet.unibet.com/football/premier-league/2012/07/03/avb-right-choice-spurs-long-they-listen-him/41

Be Sociable, Share!
  • vuible The least surprising announcement of the summer
  • more The least surprising announcement of the summer

11 Responses

1. joe says:

Ohh happy days OHH happy days

2. April fool yid says:

We are Tottenham… Lets give the man a chance. If he brings us success then all those that didn’t want him in will eat their words. I have supported and followed THFC since 1962 and believe me we have had some muppets in charge. It can’t be worse than being relegated in ’78’ for christs sake. Its will be now our turn to crow. Top three a minimum.
    Tottenham Till I Die…. COYS

3. Chim Chim Cher Woo says:

Is comic releif held twice a year in tottenham?

4. robbie says:

Great news now lets go and get are transfer targets early!

5. maximus says:

now taht avb is at spurs we should get behind and not be like chelsea muppets – the guy is here to try to well for us and i think he can convince young players from abroad to join

6. ozzie ordeal-es says:

This will only end up one way… Where are your strikers? You can’t afford our off-cuts.

Lucky to be top half this season. COYG

7. kingdave says:

Tottenham is just too mediocre 4 my liking.
    U had ur chance, but u blew it. Till this world ends, u will never get so close to CL again. U’ve hit a black hole, and are just spiralling down to…..(only devil knows).
    U can’t compete with Arsenal, Man city, Chelsea, Man u.
    COYS=Come On You Shits!!!

8. killthespud says:

Chelsea finished sixth. And you are taking their rejects. I see you spuds have become so desperate and pathetic. Where do you hope to finish eating wastes coming from a team in the sixth place?? champion’s league??