Kane aiming to stake his claim

2011-12 was a big season for Tottenham’s Harry Kane and one in which he chalked up his first senior appearance for the club as well as his debut first team goal. While his team mates started training yesterday, Harry has been busy with the England under 19’s, scoring in their latest match against France at their version of the Euros.

Prior to AVB’s appointment, the young striker stated that he was keen to make himself known to the new boss.

“Harry was a great manager who helped me out a lot, and it was a shame to see him go, but that is football,” said Kane at the beginning of this month.

“Now I have to impress the new manager who comes in, whoever it is. I just have to keep my head down, keep doing what I have been doing and hopefully I will get my chance.”

It remains to be seen if AVB will take the same approach as Redknapp when it comes to the Europa League. If so, Kane could well see some more first team action at the start of the campaign as opposed to another loan.

Moving forward however, should Harry Kane be given more of a chance at the Lane or is a further loan deal, possibly to another Premiership club, a better option?

Be Sociable, Share!
  • vuible Kane aiming to stake his claim
  • more Kane aiming to stake his claim

11 Responses

1. Jurgen18 says:

Keep him around for Europa league and Carling Cup.

Also, last 10mins of games here and there IF we have it won.

2. Holjunky says:

Let him go out on loan to another premiership team, someone like reading or QPR where he can learn his trade and tough it out with a newly promoted team.

3. rob thfc says:

def agree need to use him in cups and of bench now n then,

4. davspurs says:

I watched Harry against France and he shocked me how he played with number -10 on his back. He looked like a jnr Van Der Vaart spraying passes all over the field linking up with the Number nine and he scored a good technical goal a low rasping volley from the French Keepers mistake. He tired in the second half and was subbed on 82 mins this could be down to his loan at Millwall catching up on him. I would keep him at Spurs and give him 15 ten mins in games we have wrapped up he will i believe end up a very good scoring midfielder.

5. rob thfc says:

or loan him out again but only if we hav plenty of fowards which we dont hav atm

6. rob thfc says:

isnt he a foward?

7. paul says:

From what I saw of him in the EL we are wasting our time with him;

no pace
    no movement
    no anticipation
    moderate skill level

Sorry, I just dont see what attributes he brings to the table

8. Keiran says:

Unless AVB can arrange a loan move to a Premier League club, I agree with Jurgen. No point returning to the Championship. Keep Kane, Livermore, Townsend, Carroll and maybe even Souleymane Coulibaly for cup matches.

9. ABE says:

By all accounts he seemed to have a decent loan spell at Millwall, and I read an interview that Spurs would not look to loan him out to a Championship side. So he might get his chance..

10. tengboon says:

Coulibaly just not ready yet. Kane possibly ready for a PL loan move, I’d much rather lock down Adebayor and sign one of either Sturridge, Remy, or a striker that can both lead the line and play right in a 4-3-3. Defoe stays as the super sub