Earlier this week, Spurs head coach Andre Villas-Boas seemed adamant that his club weren’t going to sign a striker before this month’s transfer window closed. AVB refuted suggestions that our defeat to Leeds on Sunday came about because of a lack of options of front and he said that the club were happy to take the risk to let Emmanuel Adebayor head to the African Cup of Nations with Togo.
However, with one day left in the transfer window, Andre’s comments have now suggested that there may be room for the club to attempt a solitary striker signing.
“We’ve found consistency in 4-4-2 so eventually we have the possibility to have one more,” Villas-Boas said.
“It’s just trying to see if it makes sense. The January market is very demanding. Transfer fees can be ridiculously high.”
Prior to our game with Arsenal in November, AVB had seemed content to go with just one up front but if he sees 4-4-2 as the way forward for the rest of the season, we could yet see some excitement at Hotspur Way in the late hours of tomorrow evening.