AC Milan midfielder Suso has played down reports linking him with a move to Tottenham.
Earlier this week, reports in Italy claimed Spurs are considering a move for the 23-year-old, who recently signed a new contract that includes a £44 million release clause.
According to TeamTalk, there are also suggestions Suso could be sold if Milan don’t qualify for the Champions League so that the club does not fall foul of Financial Fair Play.
But the former Liverpool man, who scored and provided two assists in Milan’s 4-1 win over Chievo on Wednesday, has insisted his future is at the San Siro.
“Do I feel I could be sacrificed for the budget? I renewed not long ago,” said Suso.
“[Milan CEO Marco] Fassone didn’t say anything to me, if they wanted to sell me they’d have told me before I signed my renewal. I think I’ll stay here for a long time.”
Reports linking Tottenham with a move for the midfielder are only rumours for now, but this might be a story worth keeping an eye on.