Tottenham have played down the speculation surrounding whether we’ve signed Sandro or not, but with Internacional having announced that the deal has been done on their website, something is definitely brewing.
Here are 10 things you almost certainly already know about the Brazilian midfielder, who we have/haven’t just signed.
10. Sandro’s full name is Sandro Ranieri Guimarães Cordeiro and he is 21 years old.
9. He has one full cap for Brazil, having come on as a substitute in a World Cup qualifier against Chile last year.
8. Prior to becoming a full international, Sandro was the captain of the Brazil under 20 side.
7. Sandro is a big favourite of the Internacional fans, who sing the following ditty in tribute to him.
“Sandro scores the goals, Sandro scores the goals, Sandro scores the goals, so we will give him a cow, and he will milk it.”
6. At 6ft 1″ tall, he is not a short arse.
5. His brother is a musician. All together now: “We know Sandro will play a blinder…”
4. Sandro will probably not be troubling our top scorers list, having only ever scored one goal for Internacional.
3. He wears the number 8 shirt at Internacional, which will hopefully be available for him to take over at Spurs next season.
2. If he signs for Spurs he will only be the third Brazilian to play for the club, following Gilberto and Heurelho Gomes.
1. There is a lack of good YouTube footage available of the player, which at least should tell us that we’ve bothered to scout him properly.