Tim Sherwood’s CV wouldn’t have been enhanced by last night’s defeat at West Ham and our former midfielder seems unsure if he will even be in charge when the side travel to St Marys on Sunday. Sherwood remains the favourite for the job but the single substitution of Emmanuel Adebayor could scupper any hopes of him taking the hot seat on a full time basis.

“I don’t know if I’ll be Spurs manager – I haven’t spoken to the chairman,” Tim said.

The 44 year old wasn’t ruling himself out of a tilt at the job however.

“We have to have a chat and see. It has to fit me and the club. The club have to make the right appointment – as you can imagine the list is as long as your arm.

“There are a lot of big names in the frame. It depends who the chairman thinks is the right one.”

“It is new for me. I have enjoyed it. It is a new voice for the players. I am trying to get the best out of them. It is difficult to get the message across of how I want to play in a few days.

“On Monday I was going to take the development team training at 10:20am, I then had to change my plans to take the first team.”

Further names have been mentioned this morning and Ajax’s Frank de Boer has now shortened to 7/1 but can the club move quickly enough to get anyone in before the New Year?




  1. As long as its not you Sherwood and your back stabbing mate Ferdinand, they should have got rid of both of you and Baldini, AVB never had a chance with you lot around.

  2. Get real stuart senior!! ENIC own 85% of Spurs shares. Levy owns 30% of ENIC. Joe Lewis owns the remaining 70% of ENIC. Levy and Lewis are close. There is absolutely no way Lewis will sack Levy.

    3 centre halves missing, either injured or suspended. Only one recognised centre half available, Chiriches and he’s not great in the air. All teams need a strong “spine” down the centre. We need Dawson back. He’s good in the air. The discarding of the high back line will benefit Dawson; his lack of pace wont be such a disadvantage now. Unfortunately Vertonghan looks like he could be out for some time and Kaboul is always injured.

  3. When was the last time Ade played a meaningful match? He needed to come off so we can have him at Southampton. Same with Rose. Then when Townsend pulled his hammy, Sherwood was out of subs. You can’t exactly make a key substitution when you have none left.

    It was a Cup game, and the team needs a re-focus under Sherwood/Ferdinand. Yeah we lost, but it wasn’t dropping points in the Prem, or against a truly poor Europa team.

    Everybody calm down and give Sherwood at least 3 matches before calling for his head.

  4. sherwood made the mistake trying to shut up shop should have bought soldardo on for ade but in putting holtby on and going one up front we invited west ham to come at us and paid the price.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.