Hugo Lloris is in talks with Tottenham over a new contract, according to Fabrizio Romano.
Lloris has continued to be one of Spurs’ most consistent performers this campaign, with his stunning save at Watford on Saturday evidence of his brilliant form. But the Frenchman is out of contract at the end of this season and was linked with a move to Nice earlier this week.
Having entered the final six months of his Tottenham deal, the 35-year-old is now able to talk to foreign clubs in this window.
Antonio Conte said after the Watford game that he hopes the club can come to a conclusion regarding his future and Romano said that the two parties are in discussions and ‘confident’ of a positive outcome.
Lloris, who’s been ever-present in the Premier League this season, is expected to sign a one-year deal and extend his stay at the club until June 2023.