Defender vows to stay and fight

by Matthew Harris on September 13, 2012

As far as playing personnel are concerned, Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris has dominated the club headlines this week and there are yet more stories today suggesting that the Frenchman is ready to be patient and prove his worth at White Hart Lane.

Meanwhile, Michael Dawson has slipped under the radar somewhat after transfer talk almost turned into hard news over the summer.

It emerged that Spurs were willing to sell their defender and occasional captain but despite firm interest from Sunderland and QPR, nothing materialised. With the transfer window now closing across Europe, Daws is now looking forward to a fight.

“I wanted to stay and fight for my place, as simple as that,” Dawson says on the club’s official website.

“Everyone knows it, the manager knows it, I’ve been at Tottenham for seven-and-a-half years, it’s where I love playing my football and I want to be back playing.”

It seems unlikely that Michael will get that chance immediately but with Kaboul still sidelined, many Spurs fans might prefer to see Dawson paired with Vertonghen when the league campaign resumes this weekend.

Spread The Spurs Love:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Twitter
  • Yahoo! Buzz

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

try September 13, 2012 at 2:20 pm

daws and vert rather than gallas and vert

we need a bit of speed in there

LJBrooker September 13, 2012 at 5:09 pm

What are you on that you think Daws is quicker than Gallas? Gallas isn’t the quickest, but even at his age he’s got the legs on Dawson. The EXACT reason Daws was nearly on his way out of the door is he lacks the pace to play the AVB high line. I’ve seen glaciers with more urgency.

Tj Hooker September 13, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Im on pcp what the fuck are you going to do about it?

Matt September 13, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I wouldn’t expect anything less from the man. It wouldn’t have surprised me if QPR offered him a pay rise and he still turned them down.

I don’t think he should be starting and there is also a chance that within a year or 2 Caulker will surpass him as 3rd choice too, but doesn’t for a second make me think any less of him. He’s great.

akshayaalase September 13, 2012 at 3:13 pm

SELL DAWSON CAULKER GALLAS VERTONGHEN BUY BECKHAM YOUR MUM YOUR NANS BALL SACK AND A DOG CALLED JONNY FIVE TOES…

Robster September 13, 2012 at 3:19 pm

In this day and age ,its great to see players wanting to stay and fight for a place.A true Spur well done Michael.

n17 September 13, 2012 at 7:01 pm

how much is jonny five toes up for…….

FUCK YOU DIDIER DESCHAMPS YOU UGLY GRENOUILLE CUNT September 13, 2012 at 7:44 pm

No more Jake Livermore, he is crap beyond belief.

Istillluvking September 14, 2012 at 10:26 pm

He is fast becoming a true SPURS legend.
With AVB’s high line Daws knows that he will only be a fringe player. Still he chooses to stay at our club.
Respect.
I think he will still do a good job for us in tight situations and in the cups.

COYS