Sunday 17th March
Tottenham v Fulham 15:00
– Spurs run of incredible form was brought to an end by the Premier League’s other form team Liverpool last weekend. Two goals from Jan Vertonghen, both supplied by Gareth Bale crosses, wasn’t enough to earn a point for Spurs in that game.
– Verthonghen now has three goals in the Premier League this season, a healthier return than the one he had prior to the game based on the number of efforts he has had on goal. Only David Luiz has had more efforts at goal from the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index’s centre backs than Vertonghen, and he has also played in central midfield. Vertonghen has had 28 efforts at goal with an impressive 19 on target (67.8%), compared to Luiz’s 37 shots with just 51.3% on target. Vertonghen is 5/1 with 888sport.com to score any time against Fulham.
– Vertonghen has also impressed defensively, winning 76.6% of the 77 tackles he has attempted. That’s the fourth highest among the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index’s defenders who have attempted 50 tackles or more.
– As well as supplying both assists, Bale had six efforts at goal himself against Liverpool, a figure bettered only by Southampton’s Jay Rodriguez in the last round of games.
– Moussa Dembele has quickly established himself as a key part of this successful Spurs team, complimenting the flair of Bale by closing down opposition defenders. No other striker in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index has won as many tackles as Dembele, who has won 48 tackles, 21 more than the next ranked midfielder.
– Fulham’s last game was a 2-2 draw with Sunderland, thanks to goals from Dimitar Berbatov and Sascha Riether
– Berbatov’s goal was his tenth of the season, making him one of 19 players to have hit that milestone, while he has taken the 6th fewest efforts at goal to get there with 57. Berbatov is an industry best price of 11/4 with 888sport.com to continue his good form and score first against his old club.
– Riether has impressed getting forward this season, and has completed 436 passes in the opposition half, averaging one every 5 minutes 42 seconds, while also delivering 49 crosses and contributing 4 assists.
– Riether has also won an impressive 75.4% of his 61 attempted tackles this season, the 5th best tackles won percentage among players attempting 50 tackles or more this season.
– Brede Hangeland has also enjoyed a dominant season in defence for Fulham, making 232 defensive contributions in total including 25 blocks and 122 interceptions