Sunday 3rd March
Tottenham v Arsenal 16:00
- Gareth Bale’s incredible scoring record went to eight in six games with a brace against West Ham in Spurs’ last league outing.
- Those were Bale’s 14th and 15th goals of the season, coming from 109 efforts at goal with 66% on target and averaging 7.27 shots per goal. Bale is only the second player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index to pass 100 efforts at goal this season, after Liverpool’s Luis Suarez with 138.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson finally scored his first Premier League goal for Spurs against West Ham to leave behind his title of ‘most shots without scoring’ in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. Sigurdsson finally scored on his 23rdPremier League appearance for Spurs, despite being the third most frequent shooter among the Premier League’s midfielders, having an effort at goal every 24 minutes 12 seconds. Sigurdsson is 10/3 with 888sport.com to follow up with another goal at any time against Spurs
- The goal threat posed by Spurs in the West Ham game is apparent when you consider Jussi Jaaskelainen was the busiest goalkeeper in the Premier League last weekend, making 12 saves.
- Kyle Walker has impressed at getting forward this season, and has completed 518 passes in the opposition half, behind only Leighton Baines and Glen Johnson in the EA SPORTS Player Performance’s full backs.
- Moussa Dembele, meanwhile, continues to impress with his link up play. Dembele has completed 570 passes in the opposition half, second only to Luis Suarez among the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index’s strikers.
- Two goals from Santi Cazorla were enough for Arsenal to beat Villa 2-1 in their last game. Santi’s six shots on target was the joint highest in the Barclays Premier League last season. The other player to test the keeper six times in the last round of games was today’s opponent Gareth Bale.
- Cazorla’s goals took his total in the Barclays Premier League to 11, one of 18 players and 7 midfielders to have hit double figures this season. Cazorla’s accuracy and chance conversion stats are almost identical to today’s headline grabbing opponent Gareth Bale, getting 66% of shots on target and averaging 7.8 shots per goal.