Tottenham’s pursuit of Ryan Sessegnon has suffered a major blow after Fulham manager Scott Park admitted he expects the winger to stay with the West London club next season.
The 19-year-old, who has just one year left on his contract, has been on Mauricio Pochettino’s radar for a while – and Spurs looked set to have agreed a price for the England Under-21 international.
However, speaking after Fulham’s 1-0 defeat to West Ham in pre-season on Saturday, former Tottenham midfielder Parker said Sessegnon will return to the club once he has recovered from the hamstring injury injured he suffered in against Romania in the European Under-21 Championships last month.
“He’s rehabbing back to a point where he can feature, who started alongside Sessegnon when the Roehampton-born youngster made his Fulham debut aged 16. “We’ll try everything we can [to keep him],” Parker said, speaking to West London Sport.
He added: “We’ll see what will happen from there but at this present time, with 10 days [of the transfer window] to go, he’s a Fulham player and we fully expect him to rehab back from his injury and play a big part.”